Get quality tax preparation for a reasonable price with Markinvest Enterprises's Tax Service.
Call us at 801-696-2196 for your appointment!
Frequently Asked Questions:
How much will it cost me?
Tax preparation is flat fee of $50 (only $25 for those who file a 1040EZ) with an additional charge of $50 for electronic filing. Refund anticipation loans are available at competitive rates and those without bank accounts can still get their refunds in 2 weeks for only $30. No hidden fees. No pay per form.
When is the earliest I can electronically file?
After January 14th and as soon as you have all your tax related documents (see below). You want to be sure that you have all W-2s for every job you have worked at during 2010 to avoid having to amend your return.
What do I need to bring with to my tax appointment?
Identification documents - Please bring ITIN or Social Security cards for everyone who will be listed on your tax return. If the names on your tax return don't exactly match the way they appear on your social security card it can delay your return. If you are married but filing separate you will need your spouse's social security or ITIN number.
Income documents - This might include W-2s and 1099 forms from your employers, interest statements from your bank or profit/loss statements for your small business. If your self employed and don't have a profit/loss statement, don't worry, just bring all the information you have about your income and expenses for 2010.
Information for Itemized Deductions - If you want to itemize your deductions bring all the documents relating to: taxes you paid on real estate or other personal property, mortgage interest, unreimbursed medical and dental expenses - including insurance premiums, charitable contributions, union dues and some other job related expenses. Not sure if you should itemize? See below.
Documents for other tax credits -
- Do you pay for child care for your kids while you work or go to school? Bring the address and tax id number of your child care provider.
- Did you pay tuition or other expenses for higher education? Bring form 1098-T from the university and information about what you paid for books or technology.
- Did you make energy efficient updates to your home? Bring your receipts.
How do I apply for an ITIN for myself or my dependents?
The application has to be submitted the same time as your taxes. We do not charge any additional fees for preparing the application. To be eligible for an ITIN number you must reside in the U.S. and your dependents must reside in either the U.S., Canada or Mexico. You must also submit two (unless it is a passport) of the following documents for each person for whom you are applying:
• Passport (stand alone document)
• National identification card (must show photo, name, current address, date of birth, and expiration date)
• U.S. driver's license
• Civil birth certificate (required for dependents under 18 years of age)
• Foreign driver's license
• U.S. state identification card
• Foreign voter's registration card
• U.S. military identification card
• Foreign military identification card
• U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) photo identification
• Medical records (dependents only - under 14, under 18 if a student)
• School records (dependents only - under 14, under 18 if a student)